Writing and authoring is hard work! These 10 traits will help you on your path to success! Which ones do you need to work on?
10 Traits Every Writer Needs
1. Shows commitment: Make a schedule for writing and stick to it. Don’t make excuses.
2. Learn to wear many hats: Be prepared to learn many new skills.
3. Go the extra mile: Make your blogs and stories as awesome as you can.
4. Be a decision maker: Break BIG THINGS into little manageable bits.
5. Have passion and a sense of purpose: From the first word to the final revision, be passionate about your story.
6. Get organized: It’s a necessary evil that will pay off time-saving dividends in the end.
7. Be dependable: Create self-imposed achievable deadlines.
8. Practice effective communication: Think before posting/commenting. Be mindful of your tone.
9. Conscientiousness: If you’re going to do something, it’s worth doing right.
10. Have a positive attitude: Discouragement, frustration, plot setbacks, character conundrums, and agent rejections are part of the process. If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate. WRITE. KEEP WRITING! KEEP TRYING!
FIND AUTUMN’S BOOKS AT ALL THE USUAL PLACES.
AMAZON: Amazon: https://amazon.com/author/autumnbardot
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AutumnBardot…
As a teacher of writing and literature, I approach writing—-fiction and non-fiction—from both an academic and real-life perspective.
Autumn Bardot writes about fearless women and dangerous passions.
She has taught literature, writing, and the magic of words for more than sixteen years. Autumn was the guest author on Stoya’s Book Club, has an article on writing erotica in BooksbyWomen.org, and has been featured on several podcasts. She is currently writing her next novel and working on her YouTube channel.
Autumn has a passion for history and a special affinity for the unsung courageous females that history neglects…or misunderstands. Autumn lives in Southern California with her husband and ever-growing family. She wishes she was one-tenth as brave as the women she writes about.
Get in on the swag, advanced review copies, and sneak peeks. Subscribe to her newsletter at autumnbardot.com
The Impaler’s Wife ~ historical fiction
Dragon Lady ~ historical fiction
The Emperor’s Assassin ~ historical fiction
Legends of Lust, Erotic Myths From Around The World ~ historical/mythical erotica
Confessions of a Sheba Queen ~ historical erotica